Saturday 21 November 2015

Ginninderra Creek

A little bit more about me.  I was born in South Australia in 1942, so that makes me 70+ years.

I served in the Royal Australian Navy for 20 years (1961-1981) and a further 15 years in the Defence Department.

I enjoy photography (especially wildlife and landscapes) and going fishing when I can.

My regular walking track is along both sides of Ginninderra Creek in Latham ACT.  It is about 2 Km long following the footpath/bicycle patch, crossing the footbridge and returning along the opposite side of the creek to cross at a set of stepping stones.   If the creek is flooded, it is a walk up and back on the same side.

Footbridge over Ginninderra Creek

Stepping stones (flooded) that are also enjoyed by grandson and dog.

Reedbeds

Ginninderra Creek

Ginninderra Creek



2 comments:

March 2024

 Around Belconnen During the month we were visited daily by migrating Silvereyes to feed through our trees and shrubs.  Often they would tak...